Thursday, May 20, 2010

Gardening

I took advantage of Nana's amazing gardening talent to get a bit of help in the garden this weekend. I've tried to redo one part of the garden at a time - last year we put in some garden boxes and a small patio. Nana had brought us some raspberry canes and we may have some raspberries this year. This year I had wanted to put in a herb garden and thought I would take advantage of the space in front of the berries. So my mother's day present from my mother was herbs, markers, and help putting it all together. It turned out great leaving just one area of meadow left which our neighbors are claiming for their own garden boxes. It will involve moving all the tulips but is worth it. The yard has certainly come a long way from when we moved in three years ago - I'll have to find a before picture.

I also planted perennial flowers last year which have come back with abundance including lupines which are about to bloom and these lovely orange flowers which I can't remember the name of. It's been fun to watch the flowers come back and bloom in such glorious colors with so little work! Even the clematis survived and I'd given up on the smaller last summer so this has been a wonderful surprise.



No comments:

Post a Comment