Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cells

About a month ago I went to Mr. 4's preschool class and talked about the immune system. Mr. 4 helped me make cells for the occasion - red blood cells, macrophages, T cells, B cells, a few bacteria, and some rather nice looking viruses. And a few antibodies to go with these. He loved them! As did his class! In fact, I had to make a second set because Mr. 4 was distraught when we were asked if we could leave them in the class to play with. As I've mentioned, the boys love Immunobiology (a great introduction to Immunology but not exactly intended for the 4-6 year old crowd). Mr. 6 thought the cells were cool but did not feel I had gone into enough detail of cell receptor, co-stimulatory molecules, etc. so he cut out his own and the immunology lessons began. Rather fun to hear him teach his immunology class - also a little disappointing how much I've forgotten since graduate school. Mr. 6 is a pretty impressive walking encyclopedia of facts and I'm just not keeping up!

 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment