Monday, September 5, 2011

Too old for naps


Mr. 2 decided to give up naps about 2 weeks ago. Not the best timing given a new baby about to arrive so I tried to convince him that really he does still need naps. I tried putting him in the port-a-crib and the first day he was angry but slept so I thought I had found the solution. The second day he figured out how to climb out of the port-a-crib after about 5 minutes. And proceeded to climb out every few minutes for the 20-30 minutes he was in his room. I tried laying down with him but I took a nap and he did not. He was found happily playing in the secret passage (now kept locked during quiet time). So I admitted defeat and told him he could have quiet time like his big brothers. As long as he stays in his bed with his books he doesn't have to nap. He was quite pleased with this arrangement and happily reads in his bed for 45 minutes just like the big brothers. Sometimes though the nap happens whether he wants it to or not.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment