Monday, December 20, 2010

First snow

Tonight I walked home through the first snow - a magical time that I try to remember when we're shoveling snow in March and April. When I walked through the door Mr. 5 asked if he could go out in it after dinner. Given that I'd just spent the last 15 minutes thinking how magical it was, I agreed even though it was already late and there were carpets to steamclean (see early post on the necessity of the quarantine). So after dinner I found snow pants and boots for everyone (giving Mr. 1 time to dump the entire container of fish flakes in the tank) and we suited up and headed out. Mr. 1 was very happy to be carried around in it but not too keen on walking in it. And he really was unsure what to do when it would not come off of his mitten. He kept showing me his mitten and saying "oh no mitten". I think they'll be sledding and tromping in the morning for the boys. As for me, I have a journal club to give and consults to see so I'll have to savor the magical walk to work in the morning.

 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment