Thursday, March 25, 2010

Flooding

We have had lots of rain. On the way to work early last week I realized I couldn't take the path through the park as it under water so I went around on the street. That evening I was walking home in the rain with Mr. 5 and realized that the street was actually under a good foot of water as well. I carried him through it with him holding tightly to our recently acquired umbrella the size of a small county and the water sloshed over the tops of my boots. The park we play in was completely under water and there were actually kids canoeing in our soccer field. The water was over the seat of a picnic table we often sit at for an afternoon snack. Two days later the water had receded but the houses around the park are still pumping water out of their basements.

 
 
 

Friday afternoon I met the boys at the park and Mr. 7 ran up to me with blood dripping from him knees. He was wearing shorts and had tripped running down the street to play in our barely dry park and refused to go back home to get bandaged up. Given that the water that had flooded our park was not clean, I insisted that he at least let me clean them off and bandage them up. He's been limping ever since but seems rather pleased with his injury. I responded to this by ordering 560 band-aids from Amazon - with 3 boys I need to be prepared with the change in seasons.

The sunshire last weekend felt wonderful - drying everything out and sending all the hibernating Bostonians outside. We went hiking with friends and it was so good to see the boys running without boots and hats and mittens. It's been a stressful time around here and we all need a bit of rest and relaxation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment