Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Dusting off the day

Today did not go as planned.  I'm on my own and did manage to get everyone to school with lunches and clothes mostly matching (with a little help from our neighbor as I had forgotten I had to be in two places at the same time) but Mr. 3 was clearly not in a helping mood.  After speech, I had a few errands to run to see us through the rest of the week and he would have none of it.  He either ran away, laid on the floor, or screamed at me most of the time.  We finally made it home and I was still holding it together.  I knew he was so tired so we had a snack and headed out on a walk.  It was actually a lovely time and I hoped that the running would wear him out.  We came home to more of the same and no nap.  Not even walking with him on my back to and from school to pick up Mr. 5 and Mr. 10.  Not even while running to the store after that to get apple cider and art supplies.  Our upstairs neighbor offered to watch him for an hour so I could take a shower and that helped my flagging spirits.  

After dinner, we headed back to school for Literacy Night.  The theme was Elephant and Piggie who we love and I had volunteered to help with the drinks (thus the apple cider run earlier).  I loaded up the wagon and we walked to school.  It was a great night.  Yes, Mr. 3 either stood in the middle of the story or ran away, most of the time in bare feet while carrying his shoes, but I got to meet one of Mr. 10's favorite teachers, see my boys greeting friends, feel a part of the community, and generally appreciate how well taken care of my kids are during the day.  We walked home in the dark and the boys were excited to see the stars (and Venus) and we even managed to squeeze in a little lazy lion time after Mr. 3 went to bed.  




No comments:

Post a Comment