Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mid-morning snack



Around 11am every morning I get hungry and so I rummage for a snack while trying to keep Mr. 0 and Mr. 2 happy and the older boys moving along with school. One morning I remembered the energy balls my mom used to make and googled for it. While Mr. 0 was napping, Mr. 2 and I put them together. They were a big hit but I could taste the dry milk and decided there must be a better version. Here is my last attempt that turned out pretty well.

1 jar peanut butter (about 2 cups)
3 cups oatmeal (I used old fashioned as I was out of quick oats but quick oats work better)
1 cup almond meal
1/2 cup honey
1 cup chocolate chips (actually about half a package - is that 1 cup?)
1/2 cup wheat germ (then I added some extra because they were too sticky but I didn't measure that)
Mix, make balls, refrigerate.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't include a picture so I could "pin" the recipe. I've started trying to eat snacks myself mid-morning and mid-afternoon and am interested in anything I can make ahead and have ready. Maybe I'll try these soon. I don't usually have almond meal around, though.

    ReplyDelete