Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A new beginning

We started yesterday with a new schedule and new enthusiasm for school (okay, it was just on my side but it's contagious right?) and had a great day. I decided we should do biology - human biology - rather than physics which was definitely the right choice (note to self: play to your strengths). We finished the day talking about cells, reading Enjoy Your Cells, and drawing cell diagrams. The boys loved it. Success! I am excited about doing labs although we're probably too young for dissection. I am going to try blood typing though!

Today was fine until we were walking home from piano lessons. Both boys started whining about quiet time and finishing school. Whining makes me cranky so it did not start our afternoon off well. By now they should have figured out that quiet time is really for me as much as them (a fact which I regularly tell them). And then Mr. 0 proceeded to cry throughout the entire quiet time, only falling asleep right as everyone came out. We got to work on finishing up the Christmas cards, stuffing the envelopes with pictures, letters, and birth announcements with the Hardy Boys in the background. I started on the address labels which proved impossible and everyone had to 'help' with the computer. We slipped back to crankiness and whining and I almost locked myself in my room for a time-out. After a brief meltdown, there was a family hug and peanut butter balls were passed around and everyone felt much better.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Post a Comment