Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wizard names

A few days ago Mr. 3 decided he was a wizard.  He went about is his wizard attire, complete with wizard hat, binoculars, two swords, and Mardi gras beads.  And he insisted we call him "the wizard".  Then yesterday he added a crown to his costume and became the king of wizards.  And had spells for anything I asked him (including making me invisible at one point).

Tonight he told me he had a secret wizard name that he would write down for me in a secret code.   I looked at his "code" for quite some time, guessed once or twice, and asked for a hint.  He told me it starts with H.  I guessed random H-words which he said no to until I guessed Herman.  He told me that "yes, his wizard name was Herman".  Really?  Yes.

Then he started making wizard names in code for each of us.  Since guessing was difficult, I asked him to spell it.  Our names were all rather unique - mine was Saretvy (I did insist he use a few vowels - he recently learned that vowels are a, e, u and sometimes y - we're still working on it) and Mr. 9's was Ahstrumzy (Mr. 9 wanted another letter but Mr. 3 said no - I suggested he get it for his 10th birthday and they thought that was very funny).  So now we're all wizards - at least for the night.

1 comment: