Saturday, January 12, 2013

On the slopes

We again took advantage of home school ski day only this time I went with the older boys while David stayed home with the little guys.  It was a beautiful day and I spent the morning trying out the slopes with friends while the boys took lessons.  I hadn't skied since the winter before Mr. 9 was born so I was a bit nervous but had a great time.  I picked up the boys for lunch and then we all headed out together. 

The first run down was great but then we tried something a bit harder.  It turns out Mr. 7's natural daredevil instincts give him an advantage on the slopes and he took it in stride.  Mr. 9 lost his confidence and then got more and more nervous but didn't want to leave his friends.  We went back to the first run and he started to relax.  We ended the day splitting up, Mr. 7 went with friends to try something a bit trickier while Mr. 9 and I got in two perfect runs on the hill he felt confident on. 

Add to that the fun of carpooling with friends and listening to the kids singing together in the back and you have a great day.  Although we're all a bit sore today.

No comments:

Post a Comment