Monday, August 15, 2011

Still a novice

I should have known it was much too quiet but he was sitting reading quietly in his room and so I thought I'd throw a load a laundry in while the older kids were occupied with choreographing a music video. And then I did put a few dishes in the dishwasher after working out a few arguments about the creative process. Only then did I think that it was a bit too quiet. I found Mr. 2 soaking wet with his arm in the fishtank. He had thrown rocks into the filter (and one of the snails), pulled out all the plants, and knocked over the castle. Somehow the snail survived and I managed to get the rocks out of the filter and clean up all the water. I feel like by the time you are having your 4th child (and 4th boy no less) that I should have some sort of intuition that these things are going on but sadly I need those few quiet moments or we may never have clean clothes or clean dishes.

On a bright note, Mr. 6 and Mr. 8 with their friend Ms. S made a great music video with costumes and choreography. They're not quite ready for Hollywood but maybe Youtube. The new OK GO video has been quite inspiring - and did you know they used HTML to make it?

1 comment:

  1. I guess I should be thankful the worst I've had from Second Daughter recently is coloring on the wall and the window sill and the office door and their bedroom door (variously in pencil, ink pen, crayon and marker).

    All of these things are forbidden outside of the kitchen table area, but somehow they travel.

    ReplyDelete