Friday, August 3, 2012

A day at the beach

We hadn't made it to the beach yet this year so when the opportunity arose to join some friends up at Wingaersheek we had to go.  It was a gorgeous day and everyone had a blast.  We arrived with the tide coming in.  After some tidepool exploring and climbing rocks, the kids decided to dig an enormous pool (largely our friend I and her assistant Mr. 3 with help from everyone else at different times).  All was well until the tide started crashing at the door.  They were shoring up the walls as best they could but it seemed inevitable that the waves would win.  I ran over to the lifeguard station to find out when high tide was and was told 12:50pm.  What time was it?  12:47pm.  I ran back to tell them not to give up and everyone joined in saving the "hot tub".  

Even Mr. 0 loved the beach and didn't seem at all bothered by the cold water or the crashing waves.  He happily sat at the water's edge, playing in the water and eating sand.  Now I'm trying to decide if I'm up for another day by myself with the 4 kids (I promised Mr. 9 we could go back at low tide so he could do more exploring).









Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment