Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Little by little

In the past month our normal daily life has drastically changed and we're only now starting to readjust - just a few weeks before a new baby turns us upside down again. The older boys finished school at the end of June and we said goodbye to our beloved nanny and enjoyed some time with grandparents while I finished up work. Then July 1st I said goodbye to work for the next year and took on the role of full-time mom and teacher as I prepare to spend a year hanging out with 4 boys and homeschooling.

Of course I didn't actually finish work until the 7th and the older boys left us to spend a week with grandparents and then we drove halfway across the country to collect them and visit family. And then last week we trekked downtown each day for Kidsweek. It was a great week and we loved every minute but we were all pretty exhausted by the end.

Which drops us in our first week of trying to readust to "normal" life with swimming lessons and starting a little school and piano and chores. And thinking to how it will all be so different so soon.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I think summer has been even busier than the school year. And harder because of the lack of a schedule: summer reading program, Totus Tuus, swimming lessons. Every week is different! I need to catch my breath a little before school starts, but I'm not sure I'll have time.

    I've been thinking of you knowing baby will arrive soon. Be well and try to rest!

    ReplyDelete