Sunday, February 15, 2015

Ski day

A few weeks ago, Mr. 12 had the day off so I decided to take Mr. 10 and Mr. 5 out of school for the day and go skiing.  David kindly stayed with Mr. 3 (who is not fond of the snow) so we could go.  We got off a little late and then there was a bathroom emergency on the way so by the time we got close we were running late.  Unfortunately my mapping was to the top of Crotched Mountain and not to the ski lodge so we ended up completely lost with no phone connection.  After a bit of panic and 20 minutes of driving around in circles, we found our way there - a little late but ready for a day in the snow.

Mr. 5 was in ski school for the day so I suited him up first and dropped him off and then got the older boys settled.  Turns out Mr. 12 and I wear the same size so when the first set of boots didn't fit I just gave him the ones I had gotten for myself.  We had a great morning skiing with our friends (Mr. 10 did fall apart due to the cold right before lunch but warming up in the lodge and new mittens helped).  I picked up Mr. 5 for lunch (lots of pizza) and he decided he would go back for the afternoon.  He did a great job and even took his first lift and skied down his first green circle run!  By the end of the day he could ride the magic carpet and ski down the little hill by himself.  The boys did great and we headed home tired and happy.

Unfortunately I still had no connection and no map until I had one.  The directions our friends gave us helped but we still got lost.  Once we had a map back we were still a ways from home so we had some dinner and listened to The Secret of the Mansion to keep spirits up on the long way home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment