Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Big fall

Today on the way to school Mr. 7 was happily telling me all about bank notes and why they are important and Mr. 5 was trying to get a few words in during any pauses and we were actually a little early when Mr. 5 tripped over a tall brick (Beacon Hill sidewalks are not so smooth) and went face first into the pavement.

I quickly picked him up and hugged him before I noticed the large amount of blood covering his face. His nose was not just oozing blood but it was coming out in a pretty steady stream. I pulled out whatever I could find in my pockets (thank goodness for Dunkin Donuts napkins) and tried to pinch the bridge of his nose while propelling him forward and preventing any further falls. Luckily he seemed so dazed by the blood that he stopped crying and kept moving. Mr. 7 hovered around us and asked what was happening and I explained that noses bleed and Mr. 5 would be just fine. Somehow we made it to school (although created a bit of a scene with our entrance covered in blood) and into the bathroom. By this time his nose was down to oozing and he was much more concerned with the blood on his new pilot jacket. Thankfully, blood wiped off his precious new coat rather easily - I can't say the same for my jacket. The shoulder is not looking so good and I had to continue on to work with the visible blood stains. I do work at a hospital so perhaps no one really thought anything of it!

I managed to clean off Mr. 5's face so he didn't look like any 911 calls needed to be made and took him up to his class where his teacher took over telling him how brave he was. He even gave his day an aleph 10 which is pretty good given that aleph is bigger than infinity. He has a bruise across his nose but otherwise weathered the fall without a scratch. I really do think he's made of titanium!

1 comment:

  1. Whoa!! Tell him Nana & Papa think he's very brave, too! Hopefully, it didn't break...I didn't know mine had broken til about 15 yrs later!

    ReplyDelete