Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The end of residency

7am this morning marked the end of my last shift of residency. The boys wanted to come up and take me to breakfast and after being up all night I thought Eat Street Cafe (the MGH cafeteria) was about all I had energy for. I was waiting in the lobby when a whole group of small doctor entered the building. Mr. 5 and Mr. 1 were dressed in their scrubs and Mr. 7 was dressed in a button down and a white coat and they had made a big banner for me that said "You Did It" - such an amazing surprise! And these small doctors were the hit of the morning. We must have been stopped by 20 people who commented on the boys. And each time Mr. 7 would tell them that no he wasn't a doctor but he was just dressed like a doctor for his mommy's last day of residency. It's fun to be the mom. It's even more fun to be a mom who actually gets to sleep at night and doesn't bike to swim lessons after being up for 30 hours. I'm going to enjoy this new era - especially the company I'll share it with!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!

    So what does a resident do when she's finished with residency?

    ReplyDelete